Saturday, September 02, 2006

Time

The Blues Brothers was released 26 years ago.

I can clearly remember trying to decide which film to see with a friend from school. Perhaps bizarrely, the other choice was The Elephant Man.

We chose The Blues Brothers. Why? Because one of our teachers (and this is odd, I recall it being Mr Harley (the English teacher ) and yet I'm more certain the conversation took part in one of the Science labs, which is even more odd as I can't think of any of the science teachers - Mr Clear, Mr Sparrow or Mr Tompkins - who would have discussed this with us) told us that it "had a great car chase scene".

Well, I guess that's an understatement.

I did eventually see The Elephant Man, and a fine film it was too, though I find it hard to imagine how it appealed to my 14 year old self. As for The Blues Brothers? I have no idea how many times I've seen that in 26 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home